Teaching the difference between spiders and insects can be challenging. However, these creative teaching resources make it fun and simple.
Using the familiar Mother Goose rhyme and the character of Little Miss Muffet, students learn that insects and spiders are different. In addition, they’ll discover that these bugs make a fascinating study.
Little Miss Muffet Learns the Difference Between Spiders and Insects
The downloadable guided reading book and PowerPoint Show make a great addition to your classroom or homeschool library. That is to say, it includes illustrations by award-winning author and illustrator, Dawn Stephens.
Teach about the difference between Spiders and Insects with Little Miss Muffet
Activities, worksheets, and assessments are included in the teacher’s guide. Therefore, after reading what Little Miss Muffet learned, children can demonstrate their own knowledge. For instance, they will be able to build a model of an insect and a spider.
Moreover, the resource includes three sections for holistic teaching. There are lesson plans for spiritual, social, and academic growth. Biblical integration is easy with the spiritual growth section. Likewise, the social growth section provides ways to help children get along with others. Lastly, the academic section integrates reading, writing, and math standards.
This product is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Other “Mother Goose Meets Mother Nature” resources are available too!
A full year of the curriculum is recommended as follows:
- September: (Routines and Schedules)
- Hickory, the Mouse Learns About Time
- Teach About Time with Hickory, the Mouse
- October: (Pumpkins)
- Peter-Peter Learns About Decay and Growth
- Teach About Decay and Growth with Peter-Peter
- November: (Healthy eating habits)
- Jack Sprat Learns About Food
- Teach About Food with Jack Sprat
- December/January: (Snow and ice, States of Matter)
- Jack and Jill Learn About Water
- Teach About Water with Jack and Jill
- February: (Shadows)
- Jack B. Nimble Learns About Shadows
- Teach About Shadows with Jack B. Nimble
- March: (Animals and Habitats)
- Mary Learns About Animal Coverings
- Teach About Animal Coverings with Mary
- April: (Insects and Spiders)
- Little Miss Muffet Learns About Spiders
- Teach About Insects and Spiders with Little Miss Muffet”.
- May: (Life Cycles and Positional Words)
- Humpty Dumpty Learns About Positions
- Teach About Positions with Humpty Dumpty”.